About & News
About this page
- 2016 October 6th: Our paper on image features and classification methods for cancer detection using VLE imaging is accepted for oral presentation during SPIE Medical Imaging 2017 in Orlando (FL,USA) this February! Special congrats to Sander Klomp with his first publication!
2016 September 27th: Wrote a popular piece for the EE faculty magazine Connecthor and it was published in the September issue last week (page 12-13). The university's corporate magazine Slash also featured our research in their September issue (dutch / english -- page 22-23)!
- 2016 July 6th: Quite some media attention after our appearance on the RTL news on Monday evening (18.00 / 325k, 19.30 / 1.1m viewers)! Yesterday, local news station Studio040 visited us for an interview on early Barrett's cancer detection, the complete item is also on YouTube. Our work was also featured in the Eindhoven news paper, on the university homepage and on the website of the Catharina Hospital.
2016 July 4th: Our research is featured on national television! It was broadcast during the 19.30 news on RTL 4 and includes short interviews with our clinical expert Erik Schoon, with a patient of his that has recovered from esophageal cancer and with me. Check the news item and the video here (dutch only).
- 2016 June 30th: Our grant proposal for early cancer detection in Barrett's esophagus is awarded funding by the dutch cancer society (KWF) and technology foundation STW!
2016 June 28th: Our expert validation study of computer-aided detection of early neoplastic lesions in Barrett's appeared in the July issue of Endoscopy today!
2016 June 17th: Three students finished their Bachelor End Projects today! Congrats Jelle, Sander and Sjors and thanks a lot for your contributions to our projects!
- 2016 April 21st: Our clinical study with five expert gastroenterologists published online in the medical journal Endoscopy!
- 2016 April 13th: Presented my joint work with Bart van Dongen on automatic grading of endoscopic video frames on the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI)! This work aims at opening the door to image analysis algorithms for endoscopic video, reducing their computational load significantly.
- 2016 March 4th: Presented my work on Sweet-Spot training, Random forests for esophageal cancer detection and biopsy needle depth estimation on SPIE Medical Imaging in San Diego! What a great conference with a lot of interesting talks and a diverse mix people from academia, industry and health institutions!